Tour Guide to work flexible shifts. This is a part time or casual position working days, evenings, and weekends.
$18-20 per hour plus gratuities
Do you love meeting new people every day? Do you enjoy telling a story and guiding a crowd? Are you a tour guide who feels enthusiastic about showcasing their city to visitors every single day? Then this opportunity is perfect for you! We are looking for hard-working, inquisitive, and passionate storytellers to join our team. We welcome applications from experienced guides and complete beginners with a desire to learn. If you are dedicated, curious, passionate, and a good communicator, we can teach you the rest.
Guides must be friendly, comfortable speaking in front of groups, and even better at storytelling to relay everything from historical facts to cultural etiquette and safety measures. Humour and the ability to have fun help to distinguish our stand-out guides. You sit at the center of our business, and at the heart of every guest’s experience.
We are always on the lookout for friendly & personable storytellers. Do you bring historical novels or biographies on holiday? Do you take twice as long as your friends to walk around a museum because you are reading everything? If so, you could be a great fit for Black Lab Tours. Joining our guiding team will allow you unrivalled access to our city experiences.
Black Lab Tours was founded in 2022 with a mission to deliver bespoke experiences in small-group and private settings. Our tours focus on the city’s top attractions, it’s cultural landscape, historic architecture, food and drink, and even its dark past.
Our clients are looking to discover local stories and products along with Winnipeg history and culture in a small group setting. The last few years have taught us that we want more from our travel experiences, and our clients feel the same way. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides are the backbone of our company.
- Memorize and provide in-depth information in an engaging and inspiring manner
- Tell a story, but also answer questions, and share city tips and recommendations
- Enjoy walking as many tours are walking based
- Preparing and giving presentations in an engaging manner, with stories as the focus rather than just presenting facts
- Have knowledge of the tour area—a guide who knows their stuff can greatly enhance the adventure! Willingness to conduct independent research to familiarise yourself with these neighbourhoods
- Remain calm and collected under pressure
- Provide tour content in an enthusiastic, engaging, and informative way
- Tour clients around by car (our private and custom tours will have a “car hire” option which would require to you tour guide as well as drive)
- Work with team members to build additional tour experiences (we are still developing!)
Desired Traits, Skills & Qualifications
- A positive attitude, passion, and enthusiasm is a must!
- Valid drivers license & clean driving record
- Strong empathy and understanding
- Problem solving and ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Charismatic personality
- Keen ability to improvise and adapt
- Focus on building rapport with our guests and partners
- Engaging storyteller
- Customer service experience
- Passion for learning and willingness to continue to acquire relevant knowledge
Rewards of the Job
- Opportunity to “be the difference” in someone’s trip to Winnipeg
- 100% of guest gratuities on your tours
- Flexible work scheduling, excellent work/life balance
- Comprehensive training
- Fun & supportive work environment
- Special access to Winnipeg’s attractions—get behind the scenes in a way most Winnipeggers never do
- Opportunities to gain experience as a guide and valued team member in a new tourism company with big dreams!
It is a profession and calling that requires no specific college degree. If you think you are a good fit for the job, let us know as we have immediate openings. Send in your resume, cover letter, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!